Monday, September 30, 2013
Pre-Service Post
Today is going to my first day working with World Relief. Despite many schedule conflicts, Kelly and I have worked things out. Unfortunately, I have to meet with many different families rather than one family. This could pose a problem when trying to build relationships with the families. This is only because my time will be split between a few families. It would be nice to get good relationships and first hand experience from this project. I assume that these families are not as well off as the family I come from, so that will take some getting used to. All i know about this service is that I am going to help refugees become familiarized with American culture and give them insight on how to get used to it. I know world relief works with various cultures, it all just depends on where there is a problem. I can also assume that these families have been through a lot and no matter how much they explain that to me, I will never truly understand. When it comes to these various populations, I really and truly have no interests or passions with refugees. I have always been one of the least open minded people and it takes a lot to get me to be open minded. For the time of this project, I hope that everything goes well and i get the great experience I am working for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment